JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Original paper collage featuring a cowgirl with sugar skull makeup wearing a red western shirt with sphinx moth shoulder details. Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos style contemporary southwest art. All hand-cut paper. Finished in handmade salvaged tin frame and Museum Plexi.
Limited Series -- More Info
- Title: Vaquera Sphinx Moth (Collage)
- Medium: vintage papers on wood
- Size: 46.25" H x 38" W (framed)
- Frame: finished in handmade salvaged tin frame with Museum Plexi
- Hardware: ready to hang with wire on back
- Want a first look at works like her? Join the Vaquera Cowgirl First Look list.
Like many of my artworks, Vaquera (Spinx Month) in the Vaquera series was inspired by nature, The Sphinx Moth, or Hawk Moth, resembles a hummingbird in nature but is nocturnal. Therefore, she is often overlooked and is able to go about her tasks unhampered by the rest of the diurnal world. This mimicry inspired me to adorn the most recent Vaquera with these amazing moths. Emblazoned upon her shoulders, this delicate insignia reminds us that there are inspiring powers at play in the midnight.