JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Size & Details
Size & Details
The first metal cowgirl with reddish hair and a shiny gold shirt to match! This tactile, 3D sugar skull Vaquera is a metal wall sculpture assembled from hand-cut recycled tin on wood background. Ready to hang with wire on back.
- Medium: hand-cut metal applied to wood
- Size: 43" H x 33.25" W x 2" D
- Hardware: ready to hang with wire on back
- Part of a limited series each produced with a unique set of rescued materials
This gal was created using vintage and found metal I gathered up from all over the West and Southwest. I typically scavenge through old abandoned barns and ranches, even old dumps in the desert that have been sun bleached and windblown. I bring these scavenged materials back to my studio and start hand-cutting the metal with tin snips and metal shears, affixing each individually cut piece onto a wooden background to create the finished sculpture. This series of Vaqueras are inspired by Mexican and Western folklore, each of the gals serving as an inspirational badass protector for your home or ranch.<br><br>Read more about the inspiration behind the Vaquera Sudoeste series and sign up to receive first looks at pieces like her.
Each work in Dolan Geiman’s portfolio is unique and hand-crafted. Works indicated with “limited series” are reiterations of a recurring theme or concept.
A Certificate of Authenticity is available upon request.
- Each piece in a limited series is created with an inimitable collection of found materials: no two are exactly alike, although they may look similar at a glance.
- Details, colors, specific materials, typography and frame will differ from work to work.