JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Limited Series More Info
- Title: Luckiest Gal (Collage)
- Medium: vintage papers on wood
- Size: 46 1/4" H x 38 1/4" W (framed)
- Frame: finished in handmade salvaged tin frame with Museum Plexi
- Hardware: ready to hang with wire on back
For this piece in the Vaquera cowgirl series, I wanted to explore the motif of horseshoes, often displayed with roses and symbolic of good luck. These lucky symbols are an interesting, if not ironic, contrast with the skull/vertebrae imagery and are a nod to the playful, celebratory treatment of death in Latin American culture (Día de Los Muertos) that I explore in my Sugar Skull pieces. The bright pink colors of the Vaquera (Cowgirl)’s shirt mirror the roses and the overall tone of the piece.