JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Heron Mixed Media Wall Sculpture
An original heron and dragonfly wall sculpture constructed from hand-cut tin, leather and other rescued materials on wood backing. Mixed media commission for modern Miami residence.
- Title: Heron Mixed Media Sculpture
- Medium: salvaged metal and rescued materials on wood with metal edging (see profile view)
- Size: 49.5" H x 40" W x 3" D
- Hardware: ready to hang with wire on back
- Part of a limited series each produced with a unique set of rescued materials
Ingredients for this hand-cut, hand-formed metal heron sculpture come from years of collecting scrap metal, ceiling tiles and discarded vessels across the country - on many a voyage that included a fishing stop like this. Starting with a hand-drawn outline on wood, I selected the brightest blues and most vivid turquoises to bring the heron to life. Hand-hewn details like the leather flowers and bullrushes were attached to bring the scene together, with handpainted details to highlight the riverbank's aliveness.