JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Size & Details
Size & Details
A faux taxidermy animal head, this mule deer buck head sculpture is constructed from hand-cut salvaged metal and found objects in vintage hues with real antlers. See a work in this series be auctioned via the 2023 Buffalo Bill Art Show & Sale: watch video by Andrew Rossi, Cowboy State Daily.
- Medium: hand-cut salvaged metal
- Size: 47" H x 25.5" W x 31.5" D
- Hardware: ready to hang with cleat on back
- Part of a limited series each produced with a unique set of rescued materials
My workshop is chock full of found treasures from adventures across the country. I select a palette of colors from across many mixed materials and get to work, snipping and shaping and applying in careful layers until the perfect piece emerges.<br><br>This mule deer came together over a hand-crafted wooden form, layered with reclaimed metal, wood and leather, tucked and folded to create just the right shape. The antlers are from a real mule deer buck, meticulously assembled to the deer form.<br><br> Look closely and you will see the tiny details in the materials that make this cruelty-free memorialization of an animal truly one-of-a-kind.
Each work in Dolan Geiman’s portfolio is unique and hand-crafted. Works indicated with “limited series” are reiterations of a recurring theme or concept.
A Certificate of Authenticity is available upon request.
- Each piece in a limited series is created with an inimitable collection of found materials: no two are exactly alike, although they may look similar at a glance.
- Details, colors, specific materials, typography and frame will differ from work to work.