JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Size & Details
Size & Details
Dolan's passion for vintage fabrics presents itself again in the latest in his guitar player series. Inspired by 1940’s era sundresses, this latest pattern hints at spring nights with its Casablanca meets California fawn and floral motifs. Fawn and Phoenix is the newest sugar skull lady of 2019. Size 56" x 46".
- Medium: vintage papers on wood
- Sizes: 56" H x 46" W (framed)
- Frame: hand-built salvaged tin frame with Museum Plexi
- Hardware: ready to hang with D-ring hangers on back
- Read the inspiration behind this series and receive a first look at works like her: learn more.
Weeks and weeks go into the design of each dress pattern seen on the sugar skull portraits, often with multiple color iterations before landing upon the final design. The Fawn and Phoenix pattern is a particularly intricate construction, each petal and leaf, each squiggle, each circle, and then fawn hand-assembled with paper. No paint or ink was used.<br><br>Learn more about the collage process.
Each work in Dolan Geiman’s portfolio is unique and hand-crafted. Works indicated with “limited series” are reiterations of a recurring theme or concept.
A Certificate of Authenticity is available upon request.
- Each piece in a limited series is created with an inimitable collection of found materials: no two are exactly alike, although they may look similar at a glance.
- Details, colors, specific materials, typography and frame will differ from work to work.