JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO SEE THE NEWEST ART BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
Vaquera Sudoeste (Hiss) Original Paper Collage Art
Original paper collage artwork on wood of Vaquera Sudoeste cowgirl. Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos woman in a black western shirt with snake shoulder detail. Contemporary western figurative artwork. All hand-cut paper. Finished in handmade salvaged tin frame and Museum Plexi.
Limited Series -- More Info
- Title: Vaquera Sudoeste Hiss (Collage)
- Medium: vintage papers on wood
- Size: 54.25" H x 44.5" W (framed)
- Frame: finished in handmade salvaged tin frame with Museum Plexi
- Hardware: ready to hang with wire on back
- Want a first look at works like her? Join the Vaquera Cowgirl First Look list.
For this piece in the Vaquera Sudoeste series, I continued to explore the interplay between light/dark, positive/negative, and life/death characterizing this Sugar Skull Cowgirl series. I continue to be fascinated with the celebration of death in Latin American culture. The dark coiled snakes are a menacing contrast with the bright floral details, just as the skeletal imagery (the skull face and vertebrae in the neck) interplays with the vibrancy of the piece. The tight curves and tiny eyes of the coiled snakes are also an interesting challenge in hand-cut collage!